THE REASONS WHY THE NEUTRALITY CLAUSE IN MALTA’S CONSTITUTION MUST NOT BE ALTERED.
(1) Malta is already bound by the Constitution to actively strive for peace, security and social progress among all nations. Specifically Malta can, and should, demand that the crime of “war of aggression” becomes binding by international law and therefore accepted by both Nato and Russia; that the International Criminal Court’s jurisdiction will become global and not remain applicable only against blacks and slavs; and that a process of nuclear disarmament of the Mediterranean region be initiated. If Malta joins any military alliance no such initiatives would be possible.
(2) The value and the necessity of neutrality in the quest for peace is also most evident in Ad Beatissimi Apostolorum, as Benedict XV first declared the Vatican neutral before condemning the First World War. Indeed Ad Beatissimi Apostolorum is the most relevant Vatican text in relation to the subject of neutrality.
(3) Similarly Pope Francis does not take sides when demanding a ceasefire in the Russian war on Ukraine. He opposes the invasion by Russia but also the instigation and the escalation by Nato.
(4) Malta’s complicity with the USA, the UK and France in the destruction of Libya and the resulting instability in our region is factual proof of the irrationality of not abiding by our Constitution, let alone by departing from it. Besides, the assassination of Gaddafi while we fund Afwerki from our taxes is a Caiaphas style masterpiece.
(5) If the Constitution is altered to allow Malta to enter into military alliances this would mean that we would be neutral in name only and would be involved in military conflicts, our armed forces would de facto be under the command of superior foreign forces, and our armed forces costs would increase unnecessarily.
(6) The Mediterranean region is politically and militarily volatile with no signs of peace being achieved in the near future. Neutral Malta can act in mediation, but allied Malta will instead be militarily involved.
(7) Islamic terror as a reaction to state terror by Western governments against muslim communities seems somewhat dormant at the moment, but it is certainly not extinct. as its raison d’etre is still going strong. Neutral Malta can strive for peace, but inversely, allied Malta will become a target of Islamic terror.
(9) If Malta sheds its neutrality in order to side with Nato, which includes the US and its European allies, this would mean that Malta would be siding with the entity that:
(a) waged most of the wars of aggression and various other war crimes in recent history. (Specifically the US is the greatest offender, with a history that goes back to the genocides of the Indians, later adopted as a model by Adolf Hitler for his Lebensraum policy).
(b) toppled democracies and established dictatorships.
(c) operates an official policy of kidnappings, tortures and targeted assassinations.
(d) decorates its war criminals, including Tony Blair, while terrorising anybody that exposes its war crimes, including Julian Assange.
(10) Considering all of these facts the Arise Malta Front states that if Malta joins any military alliance this would be an act of high treason.
PRESIDENT- FRONT MALTIN INQUMU.
25 APRIL 2023.